When You Are Injured In A Car Accident, We Are Here To Help
All drivers have a duty to drive safely and look out for other vehicles and pedestrians, but too many motorists multitask while driving. In Los Angeles and surrounding areas, drivers are known to ignore the state’s hand-held wireless device ban, texting or talking on their cellphones while driving. Unfortunately, such careless acts of distracted driving are a leading cause of car accidents that cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
If you or your loved one was recently injured in a car accident, seek experienced legal help immediately. At McNally Law Office - Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney, we are committed to pursuing justice and holding at-fault parties accountable. For over 25 years, attorney Frank McNally has handled personal injury claims throughout Southern California from our office in Pasadena.
What To Do After An Accident
It can be extremely scary and overwhelming to be in a car accident. This is why it is important to be informed before you are in an accident and know what steps to take after an accident. We recommend that you:
- Call law enforcement or an ambulance. If you or another party are injured, it is essential to call 911 to not only report the accident but also to get emergency medical services to the scene as fast as possible. Once the police arrive, they can state statements from both drivers and any witnesses.
- Take photos of the scene and the cars. Now that most people have cellphones that take pictures, it is easier than ever to document the scene of the accident: where the cars ended up, the damage to your vehicle and other important aspects of the scene.
- If you are too injured to take photos, you can have someone else do it for you. The most important thing is ensuring you get the medical attention that you need.
- Gather other information. While the police will be taking down information and interviewing witnesses, it is in your best interests for you to do so as well. That way, the information will be in your possession, and you will not have to rely on the police report. Also, your information may contradict the police report, which may be important for your future personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you do not feel as though you were injured, it is a good idea to be thoroughly evaluated by your primary physician. They can then determine and document any injuries you have suffered and recommend the proper course of treatment.
- Call a lawyer. Talking to an attorney before you reach out to the insurance company is essential to ensure you are protected. The insurance company, whether yours or the other driver’s insurer, is not looking out for you. When you work with our firm, our attorney is on your side. We can determine how best to proceed with the personal injury case.
Comprehensive Investigation Of Your Accident
We know firsthand how quickly insurance companies try to shuffle through car accident claims without the victim’s best interests in mind. We seek to overcome this challenge by investigating and presenting all available facts that prove fault. We also know how to handle uninsured driver situations.
When fault isn’t immediately clear, attorney McNally acts quickly to evaluate the scene of the accident. He interviews any eyewitnesses and reviews police reports to understand the series of events leading up to the car accident. Mr. McNally seeks to preserve valuable evidence and takes photos of the property damage. When appropriate, he consults accident scene reconstructionists in complex auto accidents to confirm liability. Our law firm builds complete personal injury claims that are focused on proving fault. If more than one party is liable, we will pursue damages against everyone at fault.
Serious Injuries Deserve Maximum Compensation
At McNally Law Office - Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney, we want insurance adjusters to see you as a person, not as another claim number. Our firm’s personal injury lawyers will consult your medical doctor to understand the extent of your injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe lacerations and abrasions
We offer a detailed approach to help you obtain a full recovery of your losses. Our firm takes the time to explain how we go about determining how much compensation we should seek for your losses. We examine your medical bills, lost wages and property damage to ensure any compensation obtained covers these losses and makes you financially whole, as you did not cause the accident. Also, we evaluate your level of pain and suffering and how your injuries will impact your future. We then seek compensation for those current and future damages as well. Our firm will handle the legal details for you, so you can focus on healing and recovery from your injuries.
Our attorney also has the experience needed to seek maximum compensation for families that tragically lost loved ones in fatal accidents. These wrongful death cases can help you financially while you grieve your loss.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident or lost a loved one from someone else’s negligent actions, contact McNally Law Office - Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney today by calling or sending an email. Our Pasadena law firm is committed to helping families throughout Southern California obtain justice.