Secure Your Legal Rights After A Trucking Accident
The sheer size of semi trucks traveling at high speeds can result in catastrophic and even fatal accidents. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), California had 430 fatal accidents involving large trucks or buses in 2020. Tragically, many of these accidents were preventable and were caused by the negligence of the driver, the trucking company or another party. It is not always easy to determine fault in trucking accidents. That is why it is crucial to have an experienced attorney on your side to help you.
At McNally Law Office, our attorney offers nearly 25 years of experience handling all types of auto accidents, including complex tractor-trailer accident claims in Los Angeles, Glendale and throughout Southern California. Insurance companies take us seriously, knowing we have the skills and tenacity to secure trial verdicts.
What Are Some Common Causes Of Truck Accidents?
Because a commercial truck is around 20 times the size of a private vehicle, a crash involving one is usually catastrophic. Many factors can contribute to a semi-truck accident – and not always the driver of the truck. Some of the most common elements include:
- Driver fatigue – Our law firm will evaluate dispatch sheets, logbooks and fuel tickets to understand if drivers were working with little sleep and few rest breaks.
- Reckless driving – We will hold drivers accountable for causing a serious accident, if the driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs or was carelessly speeding to make a delivery on time.
- Mechanical errors – Our law firm will analyze maintenance records to understand if a lack of mechanical updates may have caused the trucking accident.
- Poor maintenance – We will hold the trucking company accountable for failing to regularly maintain the truck or for having avoided making critical repairs.
- Pressure from truck companies – After reviewing logbooks and dispatch tickets, we will pursue a claim against the trucking company for encouraging drivers to meet unrealistic goals.
- Improper driver training – Our firm also seeks claims against trucking companies for failing to properly train new drivers or hire qualified drivers.
- Drunk or drugged driving – We can work with law enforcement to determine whether a driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
- Unsecured loads – If the loading company failed to load the cargo safely, we can work to prove this and hold them accountable for their negligence.
- Defective truck parts – Sometimes a dangerous or defective part contributes to an accident. We will hold the manufacturer accountable for their shoddy equipment.
Because we have handled so many motor vehicle accident cases, we know the steps to take to research your accident. We work with outside experts to gather evidence and make a persuasive case. Once we can prove liability, we can help you recover the full compensation.
Seeking Compensation While You Recover
Auto accidents often leave catastrophic injuries in their wake. We want insurance adjusters to see you as an individual, not another claim number. Our firm’s personal injury lawyer will consult your medical doctor to understand the extent of your injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Wrongful death
Our law firm is committed to pursuing maximum compensation for your current and future medical needs, pain and suffering, and any lost wages while you take time to recover.
Proving The Cause Of Catastrophic And Fatal Crashes
We act quickly preserving any evidence from the accident scene and work with eyewitnesses to understand any liability factors. Part of our work includes reviewing police reports and consulting accident scene reconstructionists to evaluate the series of events just before the accident occurred. We will work with you every step of the way to keep you informed so you can make the best decisions for your case as you move forward.
In truck accidents, more than one person or party may have liability – or fault – for the crash. For instance, the driver may have been speeding while making a delivery. In addition, the brakes of the truck may not have been serviced properly. This may give us cause to pursue a lawsuit with the driver, the trucking company and the maintenance company.
Personal injury attorney Frank McNally and our legal team effectively prepare truck accident claims with the right facts to be successful in trial. Our law firm devotes substantial resources to investigating the cause of serious trucking accidents. No matter how complex your case is, we will take it seriously until we determine who is at fault.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
We have the experience and know-how to help you with a truck accident claim. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact our law firm today to meet with an attorney prepared to help you obtain a full recovery. We offer free initial consultations. Call our Pasadena office at or send us a message with our online contact form.