We Help Victims Of Los Angeles DUI, DWI And Alcohol-Related Crashes
Drunk drivers are a serious hazard on California roadways. Thousands of people are killed in crashes each year by drivers who are driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
At the McNally Law Office - Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney, we can help you if you or someone you love was hit and injured because someone else was driving drunk.
We Pursue The Maximum Compensation In Your Case
After a serious car crash, there may be emergency room care, hospital stays, surgeries, MRIs and other care necessary for you to recover. There may also be other “hidden” costs that arise. As experienced personal injury attorneys, we pursue every avenue of compensation, because we understand that there are many other financial costs. Depending on your situation, we may pursue:
- All of your current, past and future medical and care bills, including medications, equipment and therapies
- All of the wages you lost because you missed work
- Compensation for your pain and suffering
- Compensation for your emotional distress
- Reimbursement or payment for any modifications made to your home or work due to your injury
- Punitive damages. These are extra damages that are intended to send a message to the negligent party and the public that the behavior the negligent party chose was harmful and will not be tolerated
If you lost a family member, you may pursue a wrongful death case. In these cases, we pursue compensation for the costs of the funeral, the loss of future income and the loss of having your loved one in your life.
The Difference Between Criminal And Civil Proceedings In DUI Cases
If someone drives drunk and injures someone else, that is a criminal offense. In this instance, the state of California will pursue criminal charges against the person who drove drunk. But the injured person can also pursue a civil case against the guilty party or parties. It may help your civil case if the negligent party is found guilty of drunk driving and of causing the accident that injured you. So, while these are two separate and different types of cases, a common thread does connect them.
We Hold All Guilty Parties Responsible For Your DUI Injuries
It seems obvious that the person who chose to drink and then get behind the wheel needs to be held accountable. In some cases, however, other parties contributed to that person being able to get behind the wheel in a state of inebriation.
Others who provided the alcohol may also be considered negligent. California has a limited dram shop law. This law imposes liability on bars, clubs, restaurants or hotels that supply liquor to patrons improperly or supply minors with alcohol.
If these places knowingly served an intoxicated customer and that customer left their premises to drive home, that business owner may be liable in part for your injuries or the loss of a family member.
Other parties that may be held liable in a civil case can include:
- The place where the alcohol was served or provided
- The insurance company of the driver who drove while impaired
- The driver’s employer if the driver was on the clock, working or at a company event
- The California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB): California victims may also be able to collect some compensation from CalVCB
- The company employing the driver such as Lyft, Uber or another service
If a drunk driver caused a crash that left you injured, speak with a proven and skilled personal injury attorney as soon as possible. At McNally Law Office - Pasadena Personal Injury Attorney, the sooner we start investigating your claims, the sooner we can start working toward getting the compensation you need to move forward with your life. If the other driver wasn’t drunk but was reckless or negligent it is likely you still have a case.
We Help The Victims After A Crash. Get A Free Meeting With Us.
To find out what you can do if you’ve been the victim of a drunk driver, call us at 626-389-8590 or reach out via our website contact email. We offer a free case analysis to the victims of drunk, drugged or negligent drivers, even if you were the passenger.
We serve clients in Pasadena, Glendale, Los Angeles, and throughout Southern California. We hold intoxicated and negligent drivers accountable.